HINDERS LAND and DOCKHAM,formerly extra parochial, now form the parish of Hinders and dockham in the Western division of the county, Saint Briavels hundred, Westbury-on-Severn union, and Newnham county court district. Hinders Lane is 4 miles south-east from Newnham station on the South Wales railway, 9 miles north-west from Ross, 11 from Monmouth and 128 from London.
William Blanch Brain, esq. of St. Annals Lodge is chief landowner.
The area is 8 acres; rateable value, £421; the population in 1871 was 369.
Letters from Newnham, via Cinderford, which is the nearest money order office.
Brain Wm. Blanch, St. Annals Lodge
Baldwin Levi, Shopkeeper
Smith Thomas, farmer Dockham farm
Tingle Jane (Mrs.), shopkeeper
Wood William, Swan Hotel